Bosch Stud Finder UniversalDetect (Maximum Detection Depth Wooden Studs/Live Cable/Cetal: 25/50/100 mm, in Cardboard Box)
RRP PRICE: £84.90
SALE PRICE: £77.95
YOU SAVE: £6.95
SALE PRICE: £77.95
YOU SAVE: £6.95
About this item
- 3 Detection Settings: The wall scanner detects wooden studs, live cables, and metal up to 25/50/100 mm respectively, so users can drill with confidence
- Easy-to-Use: With step-by-step instructions, the stud detector guides users through detection and provides tips for how to get the best results
- Touchscreen Display: The 2.4” full-colour touchscreen clearly displays results and makes it easy to change settings on the cable detector or get tips
- 3-Color Indicator: The LED ring around the centre marking hole turns red for a detected object, yellow for a nearby object, and green when no object has been detected
- Auto Calibration: The cable finder auto-calibrates for a quick and easy start to accurate detection. Simply turn on the device and start detecting
|Dimensions:||25.5 x 5.1 x 9 cm; 367 Grams|
From the manufacturer
More confident drilling – the UniversalDetect offers detection of up to 10 cm in walls, drywall, ceilings and floors. It locates metal objects, single-phase live cables, or wooden substructures in drywalls for safer drilling when attaching objects to the wall.
The marking hole in the middle of the measuring range allows easy marking of critical or free areas with a pen.
Its LED traffic light system and optional acoustic warning signal indicate the location of a detected object.
Step-by-step instructions provide various tips in 29 different languages on the touchscreen display.
Three modes for detecting metal objects and single-phase live cables in all common wall types, as well as substructures in drywalls.
To enable you to use your tool, we have integrated a step-by-step guide, which includes a user guide with animations to provide you with intuitive operation.
Set your detector to two operating modes (wood, metal or electricity) simultaneously and receive immediate feedback on the examined substructure via the LED display.
Built-in marking aid
The detector facilitates each of your work steps. It is not only intuitive to use when measuring, its built-in marking aid also allows you to measure and mark in one step.
Thanks to fully automatic calibration, the measuring detector can be used immediately at home. The sensor shows you directly where possible drilling points are and what is in the substructure.
Why does the tool indicate that live wires are everywhere?
The device detects cables based on their transmitted signals, which can spread across the entire wall due to the high conductivity of the walls.
What should I do if the tool displays different results for the same measurement?
Follow the step-by-step guide when using the tool and make sure that all measurements are performed in the same way. In particular, move the tool three times in each direction – under constant external conditions.
Why does the signal change when the tool is moved along a live cable?
The construction of commercially available cables causes fluctuations in the electric field strength at the surface, which influences signal detection, through to complete elimination.
Why do I have problems locating three-phase power cables?
In the case of live three-phase power cables (e.g. power connection for the cooker), the different phases of the cable cancel each other out so that the detector cannot detect the signal.
Why does the tool indicate metal objects on the entire wall?
The tool detects certain construction materials as metal due to the high iron content (e.g. aluminium foil on underfloor heating systems or metal-clad thermal glass wool insulation).